Highfield Level 2 International Award in the Control of Substances hazardous to Health
Learners gaining this qualification will have the knowledge, skills and understanding to recognize the risk and control measures when dealing with substance hazardous to health
• Outline employer and employee roles in relation to hazardous substance at work
• Identify consequences of non- compliance with duties
• State ways in which an employer can communicate information relating to hazardous substances.
• Identify the different forms that hazardous substance can take
• Identify the ways in which hazardous substance can enter the body
• Outline effects of exposure to hazardous substance
• Define the following terms in relation to hazardous substances
✓ Risk Assessment
• Describe the purpose of risk assessments in reducing accidents and ill health at work
• Outline how to reduce the risk of exposure to hazardous substance.
• Identify the types of information that should be used for the safe use of hazardous substance
• Describe the procedures used when dealing with any incident involving hazardous substance.