Highfield Level 2 International Award in Risk Assessment
Learners gaining this qualification will be introduced to the principles of risk Assessment. It covers why risk assessment is necessary including the main causes of workplace fatalities, injuries and ill health, the role of risk assessment in the prevention of accidents and ill health and simple processes for carrying out a risk assessment.
• Define key terms associated with risk assessment in the workplace including
✓ Near Miss
✓ Accident Triangle
✓ Risk Assessment
✓ Risk Control hierarchy
✓ Suitable and Sufficient
• State the main causes of work- related fatalities, injuries and ill health
• Outline the main reasons for preventing accidents and ill health at work.
• Outline the role of risk assessment in accident and ill health prevention
• Outline the requirements for risk assessment
• Outline a simple process for undertaking a risk assessment
• Outline a method that can be used to prioritize risks
• Outline requirements for providing information on the results of risk assessments.