Highfield Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling (RQF)
Learners gaining this qualification will understand that moving and handling must be carried out correctly and will recognize its importance in ensuring a safer working environment.
• Outline the potential injuries and ill health associated with incorrect manual handling
• Outline employers and employees’ duties related to manual handling at work.
• Outline the consequences for non- compliance with health and safety requirements at work.
• Explain the terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ in the context of manual handling work.
• Outline the process for carrying out a manual handling risk assessment.
• Describe the principle of the risk control hierarchy when applied to manual handling.
• Describe safe movement principles associated with manual handling.
• Outline the types of equipment designed to be used for manual handling tasks
• Outline the requirements for testing, servicing and examination of manual handling and lifting equipment.
• Demonstrate efficient and safe manual handling principles when:
✓ Applying effort to or moving a load or object manually on their own.
✓ Using manual handling aids and equipment
✓ Undertaking a manual handling task as part of a team.