Highfield Level 2 Award in HACCP for Catering (RQF)
Learners gaining this qualification is intended for those already working in catering and those who are preparing to work in the industry. This qualification introduces HACCP, and support those who are, or will be part of a HACCP (hazard analysis and critical control points) team within a catering environment.
• Recognize the role of the food handler in implementing a food safety management system based on HACCP principles.
• Outline the need for prerequisite programs.
• Identify common prerequisite programmes.
• Recognize steps required to develop HACCP based food safety systems.
• Identify the purpose of identifying hazards at each step in a food process.
• Identify the importance of, and methods which can be used to determine specific controls at steps in the process.
• Recognize the importance of identifying critical (safe) limits
• Identify the importance of monitoring controls
• Identify the ways of monitoring controls
• Identify the purpose of taking appropriate corrective action
• State the importance of verification and review of HACCP based Food Safety Management Systems.
• State the importance of documentation and records needed to support HACCP based Food Safety Management Systems