Highfield Level 1 International Award in Working in Confined Spaces
Learners gaining this qualification will understand the roles and responsibilities of individuals, requirements of a safe system of work when working in confined spaces, selecting and using appropriate safety equipment safely.
• State what is classified as a confined space.
• State the main dangers of a confined space.
• State the requirements for a safe system of work for confined spaces.
• Identify the key points of planning a safe system of work.
• List the documentation that supports a safe system of work for confined spaces.
• Know when to cease work if risks change.
• Describe the responsibilities of each party with regards to confined spaces.
• List the considerations to be made for confined space rescue.