Highfield Level 1 International Award in Principles of Health and Safety
Learners gaining this qualification will know that health and safety is the responsibility of everyone within a business, including themselves, their colleagues, contractors, visitors and suppliers.
• Employer responsibilities can include:
• Employee responsibilities can include:
• Definition of the key terms used in health and safety
• Common hazards in a workplace – to include causes of these hazards and the effects of these on the individual and the business
• Control measures of the common hazards
• The benefits of maintaining a tidy, well organized setting
• The importance of maintaining suitable environmental conditions
• The different types of health and safety signage
• The need for reporting accidents, ill health, dangerous events and near misses
• The purpose of first-aid provision
• The actions to be taken in case of a fire in the workplace
• The types and uses of personal protective equipment
• The importance of personal hygiene.