Highfield Level 1 International Award in Fire Safety
Learners gaining this qualification will know that the fire safety is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace and will understand their role in the prevention of fires and fire spread.
• Identify the elements of the fire triangle
• List the main cause of fires in the workplace.
• Outline the main costs of fires in the workplace for employers and employees.
• Outline the duties and responsibilities of employees in fire safety.
• Outline the duties and responsibilities of employers in fire safety.
• Outline the duties and responsibilities of fire wardens in fire safety.
• Identify fire prevention measures that can be taken to minimize fire risk.
• Outline fire risk control measures.
• Identify different types of portable firefighting equipment and when they should be used.
• Outline simple check s for ensuring that fire safety equipment is safe to use.
• State the actions to take in case of a fire in the workplace
• State ways to contact the emergency services in the event of a fire in the workplace.